Change language / Schimba limba: Română
Try this delicious vegan steak sandwich, perfect for lunch or snack time! It’s extremely rich in flavors, has a wonderful texture and even it’s really easy to make.
Ok. You’ve probably noticed by now – this month is all about vegan sandwiches! 🙂 I started with my vegan BLT sandwich, continued with a delicious grilled eggplant sandwich, and now I come up with a new idea – vegan steak sandwich!
I am currently hosting an awesome campaign for Schar Romania, focused on making the best, healthy, gluten-free sandwiches! 🙂 This sandwich-making contest is available only for Romanian residents, so I talked about it in detail on the Romanian version of this recipe.
This is why I am creating so many sandwich recipes. I want to prove that sandwiches don’t have to be boring! You can make awesome, healthy, vegan sandwiches in just a couple of minutes. These are perfect for a lunch on the go, at the office or at school. They’re kid-friendly too!
I hope these recipes will inspire you to upgrade your sandwich-making game and play with new ingredient combos! No more highly processed foods when making sandwiches – go for whole ingredients instead!
P.S. You need to try my vegan steak recipe. It’s amazing! It is a bit more complicated (video soon), but totally worth it! If you have any questions, drop me a message. 🙂
P.P.S. Oyster mushrooms are the perfect meat replacements for these vegetarian steak sandwiches. Try my vegan pulled pork burger and see for yourself!
- 4 Ciabattini rolls, I used gluten-free rolls by Schar
- 4 large oyster mushrooms
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 to mato, sliced
- 2 canned roasted peppers, optional, but recommended, halved
- 4 thin tofu slices
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 2 Tbsps oil
- 4 tsps mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a pan. Add julienned onion. Saute on medium-high for 1 minute, then turn the heat to low and caramelize onions for 7-8 minutes, until soft and sweet.
- In another pan, heat the rest of the oil. Fry each mushroom on both sides, for 3 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat when ready.
- Make the sandwiches by cutting the Ciabattini in half, and spreading mustard on each side.
- Layer the remaining ingredients, mentioned in the ingredients list, plus the caramelized onions.
- Serve hot.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g