This vegan stuffed pasta casserole is the ultimate comfort meal for all carb lovers out there. It’s extremely easy to make and incredibly delicious! Give it a try!
I could eat pasta and pizza every day for the rest of my life and I’d be happy. Of course, if by any chance I wouldn’t get fat in the process! :)) The Italian cuisine month has been amazing! I had the chance to try so many delicious Italian recipes and I discovered some recipes I’ve never tried before.
I hope you enjoyed the recipes too. I have a couple more to share with you and then we’ll start the Spanish cuisine month with even more crazy-good recipes I’m sure you’ll love.
When I decided to make this vegan stuffed pasta recipe I had the Pinterest-famous stuffed shells recipe in mind. I saw the appetizing stuffed shells on Pinterest; they were made with ricotta, spinach and lots of cheese on top, and the recipe simply looked fabulous!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any large pasta shells in the stores here, so I bought these pasta tubes instead. They’re called Paccheri, but you can use Cannelloni as well. Check out this list of pasta if you want to learn more about the various types of pasta out there. 😉
The stuffing is simple, made to mimic the classic ricotta and spinach stuffing. I used a mix of tofu and cashews for the perfect ricotta-like texture and taste. The result exceeded my expectations and I believe the photos pretty much speak for themselves. It may take a little bit more time to make this vegan stuffed pasta tubes recipe, but it’s well worth the time spent in the kitchen. Plus, it’s a perfect meal for meal prep! It tastes even better when reheated, so make it in advance and enjoy it for the rest of the week.
This vegan stuffed pasta casserole is the ultimate comfort meal for all carb lovers out there. If you give it a try, drop me a comment below to tell me how it was. Your feedback is very important to me! Enjoy! 🙂
P.S. You could eat like this every day. Check out my meal planner! Don’t forget about the discount – 25% off for Yearly Plans!
- 200g tube pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 Tbsp vegan cheese, shredded
- For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the stuffing:
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 250g firm tofu
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the pasta al-dente for ~6 minutes. It just needs to be soft.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Make the sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the sliced onion, minced garlic and saute for about 3 minutes, until soft. Add crushed tomatoes, basil leaves, salt, and pepper and cook for 7 more minutes, stirring occasionally. When the sauce is ready, set aside.
- For the pasta stuffing:
- Heat the oil in a skillet, over medium heat. When hot, add the onions and saute for 3 minutes, add spinach and cook until wilted for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the soaked raw cashews, crumbled tofu, lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
- Add the cooked spinach and pulse 2-3 times. Scoop a tablespoon of stuffing in each cooked pasta tube.
- Place the stuffed pasta in a baking dish, in a single layer, pour over the tomato sauce and bake it for about 30 minutes.
- Top with some shredded vegan cheese and serve.