These protein-rich mushroom hemp patties with herbs not only taste great but also have the perfect patties texture! Give them a try!
I started experimenting with hemp food products, such as hemp oil, hemp seeds, hemp protein powder and even hemp flour! I realized that hemp is an incredible product and has so many great benefits. It’s very rich in proteins and good fats and helps with a lot of health issues.
Before I tell you about this wonderful, protein-rich mushroom patties recipe, you should know why hemp is so amazing! Here are some hemp health facts below.
The amazing health benefits of hemp
Hemp is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant. It is not the same as marijuana, as it does not contain the high levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
- The essential fatty acids contained in hemp reduce blood cholesterol and thus prevent plaque buildup in the arteries.
- Hemp improves your memory and prevents diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Hemp oil is often used for cosmetic purposes in products such as soaps, skin lotions and lip balms. It clears up skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dry skin.
- Hemp is a natural appetite suppressant and helps you to feel full longer. Add 4 tablespoons of hemp seeds to your breakfast and reduce your food cravings for the rest of the day.
- Hemp is rich in fibers and thus it keeps your digestive tract clean and healthy.
- Hemp reduces your risk of breast, colon, and prostate cancers because of the antioxidants and plant sterols it contains.
- Hemp seeds are also essential if you are diabetic, as they control your blood sugar levels.
- Hemp seeds are very rich in proteins and are great for vegetarians!
These are just a few of the great health benefits of hemp.
I decided to create a super-protein-rich meal with hemp and what better ingredient to go along with other than mushrooms! We all know mushrooms are very rich in proteins and they also have a meaty texture, so I created these protein-rich mushroom patties for vegetarians! They were not only healthy but really good too! You should try this mushroom patties recipe and see for yourself 🙂
- 360g (4 cups) button mushrooms, chopped
- 5 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp dill, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp dry thyme
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 Tbsp water, or one large egg
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3-4 Tbsp hemp protein powder - Start by adding 3 Tbsp; If the composition is too moist and you cannot make the patties easily, add more until it has the right consistency. The hemp powder will absorb all excess water.
- 4 Tbsp white wine, optional
- 3 Tbsp oil for frying/baking + 1 Tbsp oil for cooking
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix the ground flax and water in a small bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet. Add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped mushrooms, dry thyme, wine, salt, and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes and cover with a lid.
- Remove from heat.
- Add egg/flax egg and inactive dry yeast flakes and mix al ingredients together.
- Add chopped dill, hemp seeds and hemp protein powder. When adding hemp protein powder, start by adding 3 Tbsps. If the composition is too moist and you cannot make the patties easily, add more until it has the right consistency. The hemp powder will absorb all excess water.
- There are 2 ways you can cook the patties. A.Low fat or B. Baking.
- A. Grease a non-stick pan with some oil and add the patties. 1Tbsp per patty. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side.
- B. Grease an oven tray with some oil. Add patties and cook for 25-30 minutes at 200C. Flip them on the other side after 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 83Total Fat 5gCarbohydrates 5.3gProtein 4.2g