This is a vegetarian recipe for green peas pate with garlic and onion. This green peas pate has a semi-sweet flavor which goes great with garlic and crunchy onion on top!
I love green peas! They’re so easy to cook, especially if you have a steamer. All you have to do is steam them for 20 minutes and then enjoy the wonderful sweet taste. Whether you call it green peas pate or peas puree, this is a great, versatile dish, high in proteins and with a great flavor!
I strongly recommend you to use a steamer instead of just boiling the peas. The taste is so much better when steamed, plus all nutrients are retained and the color remains vibrant green. Also, steamed peas is ready in just 20 minutes, while boiled peas may take even 40 minutes to cook! Don’t know why, but boiling the peas makes it harder to chew too.
This green peas pate has a semi-sweet flavor which I love! It goes great with garlic and crunchy onion on top. You can spread it on a crispy toast and enjoy it for breakfast or even serve it as a dip at parties. It’s very versatile! You can even use it as a pasta sauce! This ravioli with pea puree looks amazing by the way.
- 500g green peas, frozen or fresh (I used frozen)
- 4-5 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 onion, julienned
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Place the peas in the steamer and let it cook for 20-25 minutes.
- When the peas is ready, place it in a large bowl. Add mashed garlic, sea salt, pepper and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Using a vertical blender, start blending until smooth. If you don’t have a vertical blender you can use a potato masher.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small pan. Add julienned onion and saute until golden.
- Serve on top.