This quick and easy cauliflower soup recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and requires just 3 ingredients to make! You’ll love it!
I love cauliflower not necessarily because of its taste, but because of its versatility! You can enjoy it in stews, casseroles, salads, soups, and more! Today I was craving for a creamy soup and because I always have frozen cauliflower in my freezer I decided to make this easy cauliflower soup that requires only 3 ingredients – cauliflower, garlic and nooch!
I think garlic goes incredibly well with cauliflower. I used just one garlic clove, for a more subtle flavor, but if you like a stronger taste you can use two cloves. Also, nutritional yeast – nooch – gives it a delicious cheesy flavor. Added some seasonings, salt and white pepper, and that’s it!
You can use any kind of toppings you want. I would have loved this with some crunchy croutons on top, but because I didn’t have any bread, I chose the healthier version – seeds, extra virgin olive oil and spices. It was delicious!
Tip: You can turn this cauliflower soup recipe into a creamy pasta sauce! Just blend the boiled cauliflower, garlic and nutritional yeast with 2 tablespoons of flour and cook on low heat until it thickens, while adding the water slowly, until you reach the desired sauce consistency. If you want an even cheesier texture, add tapioca flour instead of wheat flour. It will be amazing! 🙂
Enjoy! Don’t forget to tell me how it was!
- 1 kg cauliflower florets, frozen
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- sea salt and white pepper, to taste
- Boil the cauliflower for 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic cloves and boil for 10 more minutes.
- Drain all the water into a bowl.
- Using a blender, blend the cauliflower very well, until you get a smooth puree. Add the nutritional yeast and season with salt and white pepper. Pour back the water and blend until smooth. Add more water if needed, to reach the desired consistency.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and a generous drizzle of olive oil.