Serve these millet cakes with a salad side dish or even in a veggie burger! These are a great way of eating millet. You’ll love the cheesy texture!
I am crazy about vegetarian patties and veggie burgers…and this is no longer a secret. Last week, I made some cooking experiments and created two vegetarian patties recipes: one for millet cakes and the other for quinoa patties. The quinoa patties recipe was a huge success! It received more than 1000 pins in just a few hours! The truth is, they were pretty amazing! You definitely have to give them a try!
I must admit, between the quinoa patties recipe and this millet cakes recipe, I’ll choose the first one. It’s not that these millet cakes are not good (Because they’re delicious!) , but I like quinoa more. Anyways, you have to try them both. You won’t regret it 😀
These millet cakes are super easy to make. Feta cheese makes them taste delicious! I found out that millet goes great with cheese. Well, actually, everything is better with cheese. 🙂
Hope you’ll like these easy millet cakes! Looking forward to reading your comments 😀
- 120g (1 cup) millet, boiled
- 50g (½ cup) feta cheese, mashed with a fork
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ground pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients except breadcrumbs, in a large bowl. Mix well.
- It may be a little watery, so add breadcrumbs. Start by adding 3 Tbsps and wait a couple of minutes so they’ll absorb the excess water.
- There are 2 ways you can cook the millet cakes. 1. Frying or 2. Baking.
- Grease a non-stick pan with some oil and add the patties. 1Tbsp per patty. Fry 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Grease an oven tray with some oil. Add patties and cook for 25-30 minutes at 200C.
Amount Per Serving Calories 24Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 20mgSodium 28mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 1g
I strive to keep the information as accurate as possible but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. I encourage you to make your own calculations using your preferred nutrition calculator.