This is the easiest and quickest vegan Bolognese pasta recipe you can make, plus the vegan Bolognese sauce has a very similar texture to the traditional, meat-based recipe!
TSP (textured soy protein) is quite amazing as a meat replacement for vegans! You’ve seen me using it in my previous recipe – the vegan meatballs – and now here’s how it can be used to create the BEST vegan Bolognese sauce with the perfect, meaty texture!
In case you are not familiar with it, you should know that TSP is made out of soy and if you use a non-GMO product, it can be quite a healthy option! It’s super high in proteins, having 50g of pure protein per 100 grams of TSP. Pretty amazing, right?! Not to mention the texture, which resembles meat so well.
For this vegan version of the popular Bolognese recipe, I tried to stick to the traditional ingredients as much as possible. The authentic, meat-based Ragu Bolognese recipe contains the following ingredients: olive oil, pancetta bacon, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, lean minced beef, red wine, chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper.
The result is very similar in both taste and texture to the original Bolognese sauce recipe. No lentil-based vegan Bolognese sauce recipe you’ll find on the web even compare to this version! TSP simply has the perfect texture which is very close to minced beef.
Hope you’ll try my vegan Bolognese recipe! It’s ready in just 25 minutes and it’s extremely easy to make. No special equipment or Masterchef skills are needed. I also made this gluten-free, by using my favorite brand of gluten-free products, Schar, but you can use any other kind of pasta you want.
Want to see how I made this vegan Bolognese pasta recipe? Check out my video below!
So, without further ado, here’s my vegan Bolognese pasta recipe. Leave me a comment below to tell me how it was! 🙂
P.S. I recently started posting on my YouTube channel. I post weekly, every Thursday. This recipe and others, which I will post soon on the blog, are part of my first What I Eat in a Week video. Don’t forget to Subscribe and give it a Thumbs Up if you like it! 🙂
Vegan Bolognese Pasta – video recipe
- 250g spaghetti (I used gluten-free spaghetti by Schar)
- Vegan Bolognese sauce
- 100g textured soy protein granules
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups water or veggie broth
- 2 Tbsps dry veggie mix for soup (it contains dry carrot, celery, and more)
- 5 Tbsps tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbsps olive oil
- optional - 100ml red wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil the spaghetti according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add textured soy protein granules and mix.
- Pour water or vegetable broth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low heat for 15 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed by the soy granules.
- Serve on top of pasta.