Not a huge bread baking fan? Try this super-easy, no-knead, gluten-free rustic bread recipe. It’s high fiber, healthy and anyone can make it! Enjoy! 🙂
If bread making is not exactly your hobby, but you also miss the taste and smell of freshly home-baked bread, then this recipe was created especially for you! I’m not a huge baking fan either, as I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and I’m always looking for tricks and tips on how to minimize everyday cooking time.
I also don’t eat bread very often, once or twice a month is enough for me. But I must honestly say that I miss the freshly baked bread texture and smell, especially when I’m making hummus or other spread recipes.
This no-knead gluten-free rustic bread recipe is just perfect for those of you who want to make a great homemade bread but lack the patience or the time to try out complicated baking recipes. It’s super-simple, doesn’t involve any kneading, just mixing, and it’s also super-healthy, high-fiber and of course, gluten-free!
I am a big fan of Schar gluten-free flour blends, and this time, I used their Rustic Gluten-Free Flour Mix. This and Mix B are my favorites when it comes to making bread.
To make this bread even better, I added black cumin, sunflower seeds, and flaxseeds. This became a very nourishing bread recipe, not one with just empty calories and carbs.
So, here’s my no-knead gluten-free rustic bread recipe. Give it a try and let me know how it turned out for you! 🙂
P.S. What other seeds do you add to rustic breads? I’d love to try some other mixes as well. 🙂
- 500g (17.5oz) gluten-free rustic flour blend by Schar
- 500ml (2 cups) warm water
- 10g (2 tsp) dry yeast
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ Tbsp sugar
- a handful of raw sunflower seeds, lightly toasted in a pan
- 2 Tbsps black cumin
- 2 Tbsps flax seeds
- Put flour in a large bowl and add salt.
- In a separate bowl, add warm water, dry yeast, and sugar. Mix well and let it aside in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Pour de liquid over the flour in the bowl and start mixing using a wooden spoon. You can also use a food processor if you have a dough program on it.
- Add oil and seeds. Mix well.
- The dough will be extra-sticky. This is perfectly normal.
- Start your oven on the lowest temperature and leave the door slightly open.
- Cover the bowl with the dough using some plastic foil. Place the bowl on a stool, near the oven. Let it rise for about an hour.
- I used a round cake form with detachable walls, with approx. 30cm in diameter. I covered it with some parchment paper, which I also greased with some oil.
- Move the dough in the form. Grease the top with some oil and place it in the oven at 180C/375F.
- Bake the bread for 50-60 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 543Total Fat 24.7gCarbohydrates 67.6gProtein 12.5g