Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This is an amazing gluten-free vanilla cake recipe, topped with fresh fruits and covered in a delicious, sweet banana-cashew cream frosting! This gluten-free vanilla cake recipe is dairy-free, but the crust contains eggs.
Heeey! So good to be back! I missed cooking and writing on the blog. I had a super short vacation and a mini-getaway last weekend. I went to the seaside and took a break from all the work, stress and school stuff. I wanted to share with you this gluten-free vanilla cake recipe last Wednesday, but I was a little bit lazy. Sorry.
Here are some photos from our trip to Vama Veche! Hehe…we had a lot of fun and the weather was just perfect! The food was kind of crappy, oh well…*vegan problems*…but we drank a lot instead
P.S. You can follow me on Instagram!
About this….AWESOME cake recipe! I’m not going to be modest at all, this was delicious! Can you believe this was my first baked cake…ever?! I only made raw vegan cakes so far and this was kind of new to me. I made this amazing gluten-free vanilla cake recipe for my mother’s birthday last week and it was a huge success!
Unfortunately the recipe is not vegan, as it contains eggs. For the cake crust, I used the Gluten-Free Sweet Bread recipe. I am new to baking and especially gluten-free baking, so I didn’t want it to turn into a huge mess. By the way, if you have a tested gluten-free sweet bread recipe without eggs, please do tell! Also, I don’t know how to replace sugar in baked goodies. The frosting is sugar-free, but the crust isn’t. I’ve heard of dates sugar, which is super-healthy, but I can’t find it here in Romania. Do you know any other healthy replacements for sugar in baked stuff? Pretty please let me know, I’d love to get rid of sugar for good!
Anyway, the creamy frosting is dairy-, sugar-, egg-free and it is actually raw! It was delicious! The semi-sweet taste with lemon and vanilla flavor, goes great with fresh fruits!
This is one of my favorite gluten-free cakes by far! I’ll make another gluten-free/dairy-free cake recipe for Costin’s nameday at the end of this month. This time I’ll try something with chocolate.
This is an amazing gluten-free vanilla cake recipe, topped with fresh fruits and covered in a delicious, sweet banana-cashew cream!
- 200g Dr. Schar Mix C gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil + more for greasing the tray
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight or for at least 1 hour
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- zest of 2 lemons
- one lemon's juice
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsps honey, or other healthy sweetener of choice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 glass water
- fruits: 2 kiwis, 10 strawberries, 1 tangerine
- 1/2 cup almond flakes
- Pre-heat oven at 356F/180C.
- Grease the sweet bread tray with some oil. The sizes of my tray are approx. 10cm x 30cm.
- Separate egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk egg whites until foamy. Add sea salt.
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar, oil, vanilla extract and baking powder. Slowly add flour and incorporate. Add foamy egg white. Mix using a spatula.
- Pour the composition in the greased tray.
- Put it in the oven and let it bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Add all ingredients in your food processor and process until smooth and creamy. If you don't have a very powerful food processor, add cashews first and process until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine honey with water.
- Slice cake crust in two. It may have a small bump on the top, so slice that too. The layers should be smooth and straight.
- Put one cake layer on a cake platter. Slowly pour syrup evenly on top of it. Use half the quantity.
- Add some frosting. Spread evenly. Add some sliced fruits.
- Cover with the other cake layer. Add syrup all over it, like you did before.
- Spread the frosting all over the cake, on top and on sides. Use a blunt knife to spread it evenly.
- Decorate with fruits on top and almond flakes on the sides.
Liked this recipe? Get more on Facebook!