Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
Quattro Formaggi penne pasta recipe, with a low fat, healthier version. If you want to impress this is the recipe you want to make!
I love cheese! I can’t help it and I know it’s not healthy, I know it’s fattening, but for me it was so much easier to give up meat rather than give up cheese. Even though I love it, I rarely eat it, but when I do…OH MY! I eat the most delicious cheese recipes ever! [later edit – I’m vegan now..hehe :D] This is the basic quattro formaggi penne recipe and it’s ready super fast! I tried to make it a little bit healthier by substituting milk with water and not using any butter. If you want to impress someone, this is the recipe you want to make!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- ½ cup brie/fontina, grated
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-2 tsps dry oregano
- Boil pasta following the instructions on the package.
- Add water in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and garlic powder. Cook, stirring constantly, until lightly thickened to the consistency of cream. Whisk in the Gorgonzola, Mozzarella and Fontina. Cook, whisking constantly, until the cheeses are melted. Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cheese sauce and cooked pasta. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and sprinkle with some dry oregano. Serve hot!
Want more delicious pasta recipes? Try these Cheesy Spaghetti with Dill and Green Pepper Sauce and Spicy Carrot Penne Pasta with Mustard and Parsnip Sauce recipes.