Make these flavorful chickpea patties in just half an hour! They’re healthy, protein-rich and delicious, plus the subtle rosemary flavor will make you fall in love with this recipe!
As you probably know by now, veggie patties are a staple meal in my home. I make veggie patties at least once a week, and even though red lentils are my favorite, I started using chickpeas more, ever since I discovered that I can buy them here for just ~1, 3Euros / 3 cans!
With the base ingredient already cooked, all you have to do is mix, shape and fry or bake! The whole process doesn’t take more than 30 minutes, and you end up with 15+ delicious chickpea patties to enjoy over a salad or your favorite side dish. You can also make delicious veggie burgers with these.
Will you try these flavorful vegan chickpea patties?
This time, I used rosemary as the main flavor in these chickpea patties. I love fresh rosemary, and just a little of this wonderful herb can turn a bland meal into an explosion of flavors! Of course, you can use other herbs as well, if you don’t like rosemary as much as I do. Thyme and sage are perfect too!
Hope you’ll like my flavorful chickpea patties recipe. Let me know in the comments below how it turned out for you. Also, take a photo and tag me on Instagram @gourmandelleblog!
- 2 cans (400g | 14 oz each) chickpeas, drained
- 6g (¼ cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 Tbsps psyllium husks , or one large egg
- 4 Tbsps nutritional yeast flakes
- about 60g (½ cup) flour of choice, I used some chickpea flour
- 4 Tbsps fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
- Drain chickpeas and put them in a large bowl. Start mashing them using a fork or a vertical blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, except oil.
- Start mixing the composition. It has to be sticky and easy to shape.
- Spray a non-stick pan with some oil. Put each patty on the frying pan and let it fry about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a big salad or side dish of choice.
If you don't want to make all the chickpea patties at once, you can just leave the bowl with the composition in the fridge and cover it with some plastic foil. It can sit in the fridge for ~3 days. Anytime you want a chickpea patty, just take some of it and fry the patty. This is what I usually do. 🙂
Amount Per Serving Calories 517Total Fat 16.2gCarbohydrates 66gProtein 26.7g