This cashew milk recipe has a subtle citrus flavor and scent. You can add this to your morning cereals or enjoy it as a refreshing, nutritious drink!
Cashew milk is my all-time favorite vegan milk! It’s just perfect! It has the right amount of healthy fats, an ideal taste and it looks just like regular milk! If you haven’t tried cashew milk so far, you have no idea what you’re missing! You’ll never go back to drinking cow milk after you’ve tried this delicious vegan alternative!
To make this cashew milk recipe even more interesting, I added some mandarins juice. Any citrus fruit is perfect for this. You can use oranges, grapefruits, clementines, anything you want! The combination is excellent! It will turn it from a simple recipe to a delicious, refreshing and nutritious drink!
In the past, I’ve also tried this recipe using goji berries as a sweetener. It’s a great combination. The goji cashew milk will have a lovely orange/yellowish color!
Give it a try! Experiment with flavors! Enjoy this healthy, vegan cashew milk recipe for breakfast!
- 140g (1 cup) raw cashews
- 500ml (2 cups) water
- 240ml (1 cup) orange/mandarine juice
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup/honey/agave nectar
- Soak the cashews in water at least 4 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain the cashews and rinse well.
- Add the cashews and two cups of water to the blender. Start on a low speed and increase it until the cashews are pulverized. This will take 2-3 minutes on an average blender.
- Add citrus juice and your sweetener of choice. Pulse once or twice.
Amount Per Serving Calories 550Total Fat 42.4gCarbohydrates 28.4gProtein 14g