This vibrant macrobiotic stir fry recipe will definitely become your favorite macrobiotic meal! It’s not only easy to make, but also delicious and flavorful!
Eating macrobiotic is not difficult at all! I love how every ingredient seems so perfect in a macro bowl. Macrobiotic ingredients taken separately may be bland, but together they form a delicious blend of colors, flavors and textures! This vibrant macrobiotic stir fry screams LIFE and ENERGY! I love the feeling I get after eating such a wonderful meal.
Macrobiotics is a truly great diet. I’m glad I decided to give it a try again. I’m not 100% macro, but I try to add many macrobiotic principles into my diet and lifestyle. I feel so much better since starting eating clean again.
This macrobiotic stir fry recipe is very easy to make and you can change some of the ingredients and create new recipes from it. You can think of this as a basic macrobiotic stir fry recipe. Add, remove and change ingredients as you please!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I usually cook brown rice ahead and then just make the stir fry in 15 minutes or so. You should do this too! Save time, cook rice ahead and store it in the fridge! You can do this every two days if you know you eat brown rice daily.
I hope you’ll try to make this macrobiotic stir fry recipe too. Play with ingredients and create your own perfect macro stir fry!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 5-6 small broccoli florets
- ⅔ cup sliced red bell peppers (mixed colors - I used frozen, but you can use fresh)
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1 large carrot, sliced lenghtwise in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, julienned
- 2 Tbsps gomasio
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- Cook brown rice.
- Heat oil in a large wok.
- Add julienned onion and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, sweet corn, carrot and sliced bell peppers. Stir-fry for 10 minutes. Add a little bit of water if needed.
- Cover with a lid for the last 1-2 minutes to steam de veggies a bit.
- Add cooked brown rice and mix.
- Add spices and mix.
- Stir-fry another 1-2 minutes and serve with whole sesame seeds on top.