Change language: Română
Make this delicious pickled oyster mushroom salad and learn how to pickle oyster mushroom fast and easy!
Oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus) have an incredible texture! I almost always use them to mimic the taste and texture of meat. I successfully used them in my vegan steak recipe, vegan pulled pork burgers and even vegan tripe soup! If cooked right and seasoned with the best spices, you can really turn a bland mushroom into a savory treat!
Whenever I find oyster mushrooms on sale, I tend to buy them in larger quantities and then pickle them. They can last for a long time this way and you can use them for vegan tripe soup or oyster mushroom salad, such as this one. I always have a jar of pickled oyster mushrooms in my pantry. 🙂
For this oyster mushroom salad recipe, I used the quick pickling version. They don’t need to be extra sour, so boiling them in water with vinegar and spices, is more than enough.
Hope you’ll like this fresh and fragrant oyster mushroom salad. Even Pisulina loved it! She just wouldn’t stop sniffing it! 🙂
- 500g (2 cups) Oyster mushrooms
- 200-300g (1-2 cups) wild garlic, or green garlic, chopped
- some lettuce leaves, chopped
- 4g (½ cup) dill, chopped
- 15g (½ cup) parsley, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, mashed
- 240ml (1 cup) apple cider vinegar
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp pepper, ground
- sea salt, to taste
- Rinse oyster mushrooms. Slice them into thin, long strips.
- Put oyster mushrooms in a medium pot and cover them with water. Add mustard seeds, coriander seeds, bay leaf, vinegar, and some salt. Boil for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Drain mushrooms, but save a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Add saved water. Mix well and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 7.8gCarbohydrates 22.7gProtein 7.4g