This green pea and olives salad with pesto is an incredibly flavorful warm salad with healthy and delicious ingredients.
If you saw my green vegan pizza recipe, then you should have heard that May is the International Gluten-Free Month, and besides hosting the gluten-free cooking campaign for Schar Romania (*link in Romanian), I was also invited to participate in the campaign organized by AlimenteSpeciale and TheSmartCuisine. I immediately accepted because their campaign #ManancResponsabil (*link in Romanian) has the purpose of educating the public regarding the problem of special dietary needs, such as gluten intolerance, lactose-free diet, diabetic diet and so on. This green pea and olives salad with pesto is my second recipe I will submit to this campaign.
I’ve always been a huge fan of steamed green peas. I find it quite delicious even just as it is, with no salt or spices added. Its subtle sweet taste and soft texture make it one of my favorite veggies. 🙂 I’ve been using green peas in salads a lot lately, especially since I made this warm green peas salad with avocado mayo and mint. I absolutely love green peas salads, so I tried different flavors as well.
This green pea and olives salad with pesto has a somewhat Mediterranean flavor. The garlic-stuffed green olives are absolutely amazing! If you can’t find any, just use simple green olives. The pesto sauce also gives it a strong flavor.
Hope you’ll like it as much as I did! 🙂
- 500g (17.5oz) frozen green peas
- 80g (½ cup) frozen sweet corn
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 5 pickles, chopped
- 5 Tbsps chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsps vegan mayo
- 3 Tbsps vegan, GF pesto
- some garlic-stuffed green olives by Organico
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground pepper - I used the 7 peppers spices mix
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Steam green peas, using either a steamer or steam it on the stove.
- Defrost frozen sweet corn. You can throw it in the steamer as well.
- Chop and slice all ingredients.
- When the green peas is tender, add it into a bowl.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Serve! 🙂
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 12.5gCarbohydrates 25.6gProtein 8.5g