This warm green pea salad with avocado mayo and mint has an incredible taste and texture! The avocado mayo is absolutely perfect in this combination and mint gives it an intense flavor.
Lovely spring is here, finally! Even though the weather is not just as warm as I would like it to be, I’m still happy to see the sun and be able to walk in the park without freezing to death! 🙂 Leafy greens are now abundant at the farmers’ markets and my fridge is vibrant green, filled with wild garlic, baby spinach, watercress, lettuce and arugula! Oh..I love this season. It’s so vegan friendly!
I started cooking more and the light is just perfect for taking photos these days. I have over 10 recipes prepared to share with you. Some of them were beyond my expectations! They are simply some recipes to remember and cook over and over again.
Take this warm green pea salad recipe for example. It looks simple. Well, it is! What makes it so special is the great combination of flavors and textures. You’ll love it too, I’m sure! 🙂
Avocado mayo is really easy to make. Just add avocados, lemon juice, mustard, olive oil and salt in a blender and you’ve made the best and healthiest vegan mayo ever! You can use it as a dressing for lots of salad recipes, as it is very versatile.
On another train of thoughts, I started sending my newsletters again. You’ll receive it twice a month and besides the latest posts on my blog, you will also get some special free resources, like free meal plans and special tips & tricks for a healthy lifestyle. If you want to subscribe, you can use the form below. Also, you can follow me on Instagram if you want. I started posting there too. 🙂
- 500g frozen green peas
- 1 small sweet onion, julienned
- 6 Tbsps fresh mint, chopped
- Avocado Mayo:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Tbsps mustard
- ½ lemon's juice
- 4 Tbsps extravirgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Steam frozen peas using a steamer (15 minutes). Steamed peas is sweeter and looks better than boiled peas, so I would strongly recommend steaming it instead of boiling.
- Add all avocado mayo ingredients in a blender and blend well until smooth.
- Put steamed peas in a large bowl. Add julienned onion and chopped fresh mint. Add avocado mayo and mix well.