This is a quick upside-down apple pie recipe , made with rye flour and lots of cinnamon! It has an amazing taste!
Say hello to Mishkin my cat! Even he loves this upside-down apple pie and trust me he is very picky when it comes to food. He just couldn’t leave it out of sight. Isn’t he cute? He’s not always like this you know, peaceful and quiet…oh no.. he’s a trouble-maker, but I love him anyway. 🙂
I don’t usually eat baked goodies because I’m not a huge fan of flour-based desserts, but this upside-down apple pie is definitely a must-try! It is just perfect for this season and you’ll love how all flavors blend so well together. Also, you can substitute apples with any other fruit you like; I also tried it with sour cherries and peaches and it was just as great. I will not make a habit from eating baked desserts (I still prefer them raw) but from time to time a warm dessert like this one is just perfect, especially now when it’s so cold outside.
So for all you animal lovers and sweet tooths out there, here’s a lovely upside-down apple pie to warm your souls and put a sweet smile on your faces! I hope you will like this cinnamon apple pie recipe.
Upside-Down Apple Pie with Cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 2 apples sliced
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp unrefined oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp lemon juice mixed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp rum extract
- 2-3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 ml water
- Separate egg yolks from the whites. Whip egg whites until they have a foamy texture.
- In a separate bowl, add water and mix it with sugar until it is dissolved. Pour this over the beaten egg whites.
- Add the other ingredients except apples and blend well together using a hand mixer.
- Put some parchment paper on your cake/pie form. Place the sliced apples on the bottom and pour over the pie mixture.
- Place in oven at 356˚ for about 50 minutes.
- Let it cool for a little while, turn it upside down and serve!