This spicy oven-roasted chickpeas snack is one of the easiest and healthiest crunchy snacks you can make! The oven-roasted chickpeas taste and texture are similar to crunchy roasted corn. You can make this oven-roasted chickpeas snack in various flavors: spicy or sweet.
I saw this oven-roasted chickpeas snack recipe going around Pinterest for a while. A few days ago, I also saw it on Luana’s blog, and decided to finally make it. I adapted the recipe and made my own version.
Of course, I didn’t follow the exact roasted chickpeas recipe, it’s impossible for me to follow a recipe, step-by-step. I usually read the ingredient list and that’s enough for me. That’s probably one reason why I don’t like baking. You have to measure ingredients and follow exact instructions when cooking baked goodies. I can’t follow instructions…I make my own, hehe :D.
So, this oven-roasted chickpeas snack is as good as it sounds! I made a spicy version. Also, this recipe can be considered a macrobiotic snack!
Did you try it? How was it?
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (You can also use dry chickpeas. Soak them overnight.)
- 2 tsps turmeric powder
- 1 tsp spicy/smoked/regular paprika (Your choice. I used spicy)
- 2 tsps dry garlic powder
- some oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat an oven to 350F (175C).
- If you use dry chickpeas: Soak them overnight. Boil them until tender (1-2 hours).
- If you use canned chickpeas, go directly to the next step.
- Put chickpeas in a bowl. Add spices and salt. Mix well.
- Grease a large oven tray. Add chickpeas and spread them evenly. Drizzle with some oil.
- Place the tray in the oven. Let them cook for 30-40 minutes, until crispy.