This basil tagliatelle roasted red bell pepper salad is a main dish salad with lots of strong flavors! The horseradish-garlic dressing gives it a special taste.
Today I bought some delicious, healthy pasta – whole wheat tagliatelle with basil. I was very curious to see how they taste, but in the same time I really wanted to make a roasted red bell pepper salad, because I was craving it for a very long time. I decided to combine them and make a main dish vegan salad. It was a great decision! All the flavors blend so well together!
The horseradish-garlic salad dressing is something special. It will enhance the taste of these basil tagliatelle and goes great with the red bell pepper salad’s sweetness.
You’ll definitely like this light, colorful and savory salad. Enjoy!
- 200g whole wheat basil tagliatelle
- 6 red bell peppers, medium sized
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsps chopped parsley
- 4 Tbsps grated horseradish
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 4 Tbsps lemon juice
- 3 Tbsps extravirgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast the red bell peppers.
- After they're ready, peel them and cut them in thin, long strips.
- In a large bowl mix the pepper strips with all other ingredients except pasta.
- Add water in a large pot and let it boil. When it has reached boiling point add the pasta. Check the info on your pasta package to see how many minutes it has to boil.
- Mix everything together. Serve!