Since this stressful period began I started to have these huge sweet cravings. It’s like my brain needs fuel or something. No raw, healthy desserts or delicious fruits can satisfy my cravings..oh no..Icrave for baked warm goodies! So today, right before an awful exam, I decided to indulge myself with the cute ones in the photos.
Baking + chocolate = Love, right?! You’ll definitely love this coconut muffins recipe. I added some coconut flakes to make them taste even better! These are super chocolate chip coconut muffins…I named them Coco-choco Muffins! Ha! I think all that sweetness went straight to my brain :))
I wish I made this vegan but I have to test some good egg replacers first. Do you know any egg-free muffin recipes? Looking forward to your comments
- ½ cup coconut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (or any other type of milk)
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or use a gluten-free flour mix
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ⅔ cups coconut sugar
- 10g baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare your muffin tin by lining with paper cases and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, vegan milk, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk together the flour, sucanat baking powder, and salt. Stir in the chocolate chips. With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined. Do not over mix the batter! A few lumps are ok.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons /muffin. Place in the oven and bake for about 18 - 20 minutes. Test by inserting a toothpick; When they’re ready to come out, the toothpick will remain dry.
- Let the muffins sit in the tin for 1-2 minutes after you take them out of the oven, place them on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then serve still warm, yumm!