This is a vegetarian, easy to make, green peas creamy soup recipe. You’ll love the buttery flavor, sweet taste and creamy texture of this creamy peas soup.
I love this creamy green peas soup! It was the first time I cooked and ate green peas soup and I was amazed by its lovely taste! I actually ate two extra servings. It has a vegetarian and vegan version. Try which one you prefer. Personally, I think the vegetarian one is better, as I added butter and yogurt which gave it a special flavor. The vegan is just as good if you add some croutons, YUM!
Let me know which version creamy green peas soup you tried. Looking forward to reading your comments!
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in chunks
- 400g frozen peas
- sea salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter (for vegetarians) or 1 tbsp grapeseed oil (for vegans)
- yogurt (optional)
- parsley, for garnish
- water, just enough to cover all veggies
- Put the chopped veggies in a pot. Add just enough to cover the veggies and let them boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat when the potatoes are tender. Check them with a fork.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes if you have a plastic vertical blender. If it’s metal you can start blending right away.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter (or grapeseed oil).
- Using a vertical blender, start blending all veggies together. Add more water, depending on how thick you want it to be.
- Garnish with yogurt and parsley.