Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This creamy green pea soup recipe is an easy, vegetarian soup recipe you can make in less than half an hour! You’ll love its buttery flavor, semi-sweet taste and creamy texture!
I love this creamy green peas soup! It was the first time I cooked and ate green pea soup and I was amazed by its lovely taste! I actually ate two extra servings.
This creamy green pea soup recipe has a lacto-vegetarian and a vegan version. Try which one you prefer. Personally, I think the vegetarian one is better, as I added butter and yogurt which gave it a special flavor. The vegan is just as good if you add good quality extravirgin olive oil and some croutons…YUM!
By the way, I was intrigued by this awesome creamy green pea soup with mint and coconut and I think it will be next on my To-Try List!
Let me know which version of this creamy green pea soup you tried. Looking forward to reading your comments!
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in chunks
- 400g frozen peas
- sea salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp butter (for vegetarians) or 1 tbsp olive oil (for vegans)
- yogurt (optional)
- parsley, for garnish
- water, just enough to cover all veggies
- Put the chopped veggies in a pot. Add just enough to cover the veggies and let them boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat when the potatoes are tender. Check them with a fork.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes if you have a plastic vertical blender. If it’s metal you can start blending right away.
- Add 1 tbsp of butter (or olive oil).
- Using a vertical blender, start blending all veggies together. Add more water, depending on how thick you want it to be.
- Garnish with yogurt and parsley.