This is a high protein, low fat and low calorie vegan/vegetarian red lentil pâté recipe. Give it a try!
I wanted to make this recipe for a while now. I read about a red lentils pâté recipe on a forum and decided to give it a try but make it in my own way. I never follow a recipe step by step. Usually, I just see the photo, figure out the ingredients from the photo and then I just make it . No directions needed. Except when I bake, that’s when I have to follow the exact directions and that’s why I don’t like baking very much. 🙂 That’s why, this red lentil creamy pâté recipe was perfect!
This red lentils pâté turned out to be delicious!!! And it looks good too doesn’t it? I added a “secret” ingredient which gives it such a lovely color. It can be both vegan and vegetarian. You can add butter or oil, depending on which one you prefer. I like butter a lot! Don’t eat it often at all but I always add it in mashed potatoes. It’s my golden rule! I recommend you to use butter for this recipe. Not much, just about 1 tsp (or half a centimeter, thin slice) does the trick.
This red lentil pâté will impress your guests!
Red Lentil Creamy Pâté
This is a high protein, low fat and low calorie vegan/vegetarian red lentil pate recipe.
- 300g (1 ½ cup) red lentils
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, mashed
- butter or oil , ½ - 1 Tbsp of oil or 1 tsp or a thin slice of butter
- sea salt, to taste
- parsley for garnish
- 1-2 pinches of turmeric , this is the ‘secret’ ingredient
- Add some water in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Add lentils, sliced carrot, two thirds of the chopped onion and sea salt.
- Boil for about 10 minutes them remove from heat.
- Add mashed garlic and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Remove all excess water using a strainer, then move the content to a bowl.
- Using a vertical blender (or regular blender/ food processor) start mashing the lentils and other ingredients. When creamy add 1-2 pinches of turmeric, butter or oil and the remainig third of chopped onion. Blend well using a spoon.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
Spread on a warm, crunchy toast..hm…delicious!
Amount Per Serving Calories 58Total Fat 2.2gCarbohydrates 7gProtein 2.4g
Lentils fan? Check out these delicious and super easy to make red lentils recipes: Lentils, Veggies and Mushroom Bake, and Lentil and Greens Veggie Burger Patties.
Thursday 19th of July 2018
Red lentils are my favorite too! I really like this creamy pate, too, and the "secret" ingredient really makes the difference :)
Thursday 18th of October 2018
Thank you! :) Glad you liked the recipe!
Monday 16th of March 2015
De ce nu recomanzi lintea verde? Nu e asa sanatoasa ca si lintea rosie sau sunt alte motive subiective sau obiective? Multumesc
Tuesday 17th of March 2015
E pur subiectiva alegerea. :) Lintea verde nu imi place nici la gust, nici la culoare, nici la textura si ma enerveaza si ca se fierbe in 40 de minute.
Lintea rosie pe de alta parte se fierbe in 15 minute max., are si o culoare frumoasa si are si gust bun.
Wednesday 4th of March 2015
L-am încercat și e ok, dar parcă apos sau fără gust, față de hummus sau crema de fasole batută. Am pus destul de mult usturoi si e bun, dar lintea în sine e destul de fadă. Însă hummusu încercat după rețeta ta e super :)
Thursday 5th of March 2015
Apos nu are cum sa fie decat daca nu ai scurs bine lintea. Se vede din poze ca a iesit la consistenta exact ca hummusul. Cat despre gust, normal ca nu se compara cu hummusul. Nimic nu se compara cu hummusul! :))) Ala e the best of the best.
Ce linte ai folosit? Rosie sau verde? Aia verde nu o recomand deloc, iar asta rosie intradevar nu are un gust asa puternic, dar in combinatia asta cu turmeric are o aroma interesanta.
Ma bucur ca ti-a placut hummusul! :D