Try these vegetarian stuffed button mushrooms with carrots and celeriac served with garlicky rice noodles. They’re healthy, simple and delicious!
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
I’m a huge mushrooms fan! I love their texture and how they can easily replace meat in your diet. High in proteins and low in calories, they’re just perfect for anyone who wants to maintain a healthy lifestyle! Button mushrooms are my favorite because they’re easy to cook and have a really a soft texture.
Easy and diet-friendly, this stuffed button mushrooms recipe can be made by anyone, no special cooking skills needed. These stuffed button mushrooms can be served as a main or side dish or even a party appetizer!
The rice noodles are also really healthy and super-fast to cook! Just put some boiling water over them and they’ll be ready in no time! The sauce although must have a strong flavor or else they’ll be pretty tasteless, that’s why I chose one with a garlic flavor.
- 24 button mushrooms
- ¼ cup celery root, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ⅓ cup dill, chopped
- parsley, for garnish
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- rice noodles for 4– I can’t tell you how much. I really have a problem with figuring out how much pasta should I make for each serving. I always tend to make more than need.
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 3-4 garlic cloves, mashed
- ½ tbsp lemon juice – for vegans or 2 Tbsps yoghurt/sour cream for vegetarians
- sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl mix the following ingredients: grated celery root and carrot, diced onion, chopped scallions and dill, coriander, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Remove the mushrooms’ stems.
- Preheat the oven at 375° F.
- Place the mushrooms in an oven tray.
- If you use butter – melt it in a small saucepan then pour a little in each mushroom.
- If you use oil, just pour a few drops in each mushroom.
- Stuff each mushroom with about 1 or 1½ tsp of stuffing.
- Pour ¼ cup of water in the tray. We want the mushrooms to be moist not dry.
- Cover the tray with some aluminum foil.
- Place it in the oven and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- Boil some water in a saucepan. When reaching boiling point add the rice noodles and remove from heat. Let them stay in the water for a couple of minutes then move them into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl add the mashed garlic cloves, sea salt, lemon juice or yoghurt and mix all together.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with lovely ruby colored sweet paprika and garnish with parsley.
Do you love stuffed mushrooms? Try this too: Basic Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.