Try these vegetarian stuffed button mushrooms with carrots and celeriac served with garlicky rice noodles. They’re healthy, simple and delicious!
I’m a huge mushrooms fan! I love their texture and how they can easily replace meat in your diet. High in proteins and low in calories, they’re just perfect for anyone who wants to maintain a healthy lifestyle! Button mushrooms are my favorite because they’re easy to cook and have a really a soft texture.
Easy and diet-friendly, this stuffed button mushrooms recipe can be made by anyone, no special cooking skills needed. These stuffed button mushrooms can be served as a main or side dish or even a party appetizer!
The rice noodles are also really healthy and super-fast to cook! Just put some boiling water over them and they’ll be ready in no time! The sauce although must have a strong flavor or else they’ll be pretty tasteless, that’s why I chose one with a garlic flavor.
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
- 24 button mushrooms
- ¼ cup celery root, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ⅓ cup dill, chopped
- parsley, for garnish
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- rice noodles for 4– I can’t tell you how much. I really have a problem with figuring out how much pasta should I make for each serving. I always tend to make more than need.
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 3-4 garlic cloves, mashed
- ½ tbsp lemon juice – for vegans or 2 Tbsps yoghurt/sour cream for vegetarians
- sea salt, to taste
- In a large bowl mix the following ingredients: grated celery root and carrot, diced onion, chopped scallions and dill, coriander, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Remove the mushrooms’ stems.
- Preheat the oven at 375° F.
- Place the mushrooms in an oven tray.
- If you use butter – melt it in a small saucepan then pour a little in each mushroom.
- If you use oil, just pour a few drops in each mushroom.
- Stuff each mushroom with about 1 or 1½ tsp of stuffing.
- Pour ¼ cup of water in the tray. We want the mushrooms to be moist not dry.
- Cover the tray with some aluminum foil.
- Place it in the oven and let it cook for about 30 minutes.
- Boil some water in a saucepan. When reaching boiling point add the rice noodles and remove from heat. Let them stay in the water for a couple of minutes then move them into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl add the mashed garlic cloves, sea salt, lemon juice or yoghurt and mix all together.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle with lovely ruby colored sweet paprika and garnish with parsley.
Do you love stuffed mushrooms? Try this too: Basic Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.