This quinoa tabbouleh recipe is for those of you who want a high protein healthy meal with delicious flavors! It’s ready in no time and it’s so much better than bulgur wheat tabbouleh!
I am a HUGE parsley fan, so this recipe is just perfect for me. I always add lots and lots of parsley in any savory meal and I love to eat it just by itself as well.
What a brilliant idea I must say! I discovered that quinoa is so much better than bulgur wheat in tabbouleh! Not only it is 100 times healthier, but it also tastes better!
So, I made my own version of tabbouleh – quinoa tabbouleh! All the other ingredients are pretty much the same. I tweaked the quantities a little bit and added a generous drizzle of tahini on top which made it heavenly!
So, here it is! Enjoy! 🙂
- 60g (⅓ cup) quinoa, cooked
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 1 ½ tsp ground allspice
- 200g (3 ½ cups) flat-leaf parsley, chopped about 4 large bunches
- 50g (1 ¾ cups) mint, chopped
- 5 Tbsps olive oil
- salt, to taste
- tahini, to taste
- Cook quinoa until tender (15-20 minutes), then drain it very well.
- Chop parsley, tomatoes, mint, scallions and mix with lemon juice, oil, and spices.
- Mix everything together and drizzle with tahini on top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Total Fat 15.3gCarbohydrates 14.7gProtein 3.4g