This parsley pesto fusilli pasta is a healthy, vegan pasta recipe, ready in just 15 minutes! The parsley pesto was made raw vegan and the pasta is gluten-free!
I made this recipe for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I absolutely fell in love with it! I love how simple it is, and yet how it amazes with its rich flavor and bundle of textures. This parsley pesto fusilli pasta recipe is vegan and gluten free! Also, the pesto it’s raw, with the mention that you can slightly toast the walnuts for a richer flavor.
I am crazy about parsley and this isn’t a secret anymore! I eat parsley on a daily basis and in huge quantities – 2-3 cups per day! I put it in almost anything 🙂 I recently discovered that I like parsley salads better than regular salads. I just use parsley as the main ingredient in salads, instead of using salad leaves.
How did I create this recipe? Well, I was hungry. That’s how all my food stories begin :). I had a few bunches of parsley in the fridge and craved pasta, so I decided to make pasta with a parsley sauce. Then, I remembered I saw a parsley pesto recipe somewhere and decided to give it a try. In the future, I will try more parsley pesto recipes.
If you have the basic ingredients below, you’ll be able to make this healthy pasta recipe in just 15 minutes! Try it and don’t forget to leave a comment below and tell me how it was 🙂
- 2 cups fusilli pasta (or any other type of pasta: penne, spaghetti, tagliatelle etc. - preferably GF)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped + more if you are a crazy parsley maniac like myself 🙂
- a handful of walnuts, chopped (optional - slightly toasted)
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- ½ Tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- Boil pasta, following the instructions on the package.
- In your food processor or blender, add the following ingredients: chopped parsley, olive oil, sea salt, ground pepper, mashed garlic, chopped walnuts. Pulse until smooth. (*if you're not vegan and eat dairy products, you can add some grated parmesan into this mix)
- Put pasta in a large bowl. Add parsley pesto, sesame seeds and more fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve! 🙂