Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This is a high protein, low fat and low calorie vegan/vegetarian red lentil pâté recipe. Give it a try!
I wanted to make this recipe for a while now. I read about a red lentils pâté recipe on a forum and decided to give it a try but make it in my own way. I never follow a recipe step by step. Usually, I just see the photo, figure out the ingredients from the photo and then I just make it . No directions needed. Except when I bake, that’s when I have to follow the exact directions and that’s why I don’t like baking very much
This red lentils pâté turned out to be delicious!!! And it looks good too doesn’t it? I added a “secret” ingredient which gives it such a lovely color. It can be both vegan and vegetarian. You can add butter or oil, depending on which one you prefer. I like butter a lot! Don’t eat it often at all but I always add it in mashed potatoes. It’s my golden rule! I recommend you to use butter for this recipe. Not much, just about 1 tsp (or half a centimeter, thin slice) does the trick.
- 1½ cup red lentils
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, mashed
- butter or oil (1/2-1 tbsp of oil or 1 tsp or a thin slice of butter)
- sea salt, to taste
- parsley for garnish
- 1-2 pinches of turmeric (this is the ‘secret’ ingredient :))
- Add some water in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Add lentils, sliced carrot, two thirds of the chopped onion and sea salt.
- Boil for about 10 minutes them remove from heat.
- Add mashed garlic and let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- Remove all excess water using a strainer, then move the content to a bowl.
- Using a vertical blender (or regular blender/ food processor) start mashing the lentils and other ingredients. When creamy add 1-2 pinches of turmeric, butter or oil and the remainig third of chopped onion. Blend well using a spoon.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!