Change language | Schimba limba: Romanian
This oven roasted cabbage slices recipe is the best way to cook cabbage! Healthy, macrobiotic and vegan, what more can you wish for?!
I love this recipe! I never thought oven roasted cabbage can be so good! I’m not a huge cabbage fan and I rarely eat it. I usually ate it when cooking Pickled Cabbage Rolls with Mushroom and Brown Rice Stuffing, which happens twice a year.
Cooking oven roasted cabbage like this isn’t my original idea. I found a similar recipe while browsing on Pinterest and I thought to myself, why not give it a try?! It is so easy to make and it makes an awesome side dish. I ate it with Azuki beans burger patties and mustard. It was divine!
Plus, the turmeric and ground pepper combo is amazing! It has a great antioxidant power. This side dish is not only crazy good, but super-healthy too.
This is a vegan / vegetarian, macrobiotic recipe for roasted cabbage, anyone can make! It’s the best way to cook cabbage!
- 1 medium cabbage, sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsps turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a large oven tray.
- Place the cabbage rounds. Season them with ground pepper, sea salt and sprinkle with some turmeric.
- Drizzle some more olive oil in them.
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, for about 30-40 minutes.
Recipe inspired by Martha Stewart's Roasted Cabbage Wedges.