This is a vegan / vegetarian, macrobiotic recipe for oven roasted cabbage, anyone can make! It’s the best way to cook cabbage! | Reteta vegetariana pentru rondele de varza la cuptor, extrem de gustoasa si usor de facut, gata in jumatate de ora!
- Recipe in English
- Reteta in Romana
I love this recipe! I never thought oven roasted cabbage can be so good! I’m not a huge cabbage fan and I rarely eat it. I usually ate it when cooking Pickled Cabbage Rolls with Mushroom and Brown Rice Stuffing which happens twice a year.
Cooking oven roasted cabbage like this isn’t my original idea. I found a similar recipe while browsing on Pinterest and I thought to myself, why not give it a try! It is so easy to make and it makes an awesome side dish. I ate it with Azuki beans burger patties and mustard. It was divine! Really! You must try it :).
I just fell in love with this oven roasted cabbage slices recipe!
Recipe inspired by Martha Stewart’s Roasted Cabbage Wedges
This is a vegan / vegetarian, macrobiotic recipe for roasted cabbage, anyone can make! It’s the best way to cook cabbage!
- 1 medium cabbage, sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsps turmeric powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drizzle some olive oil in a large oven tray.
- Place the cabbage rounds. Season them with ground pepper, sea salt and sprinkle with some turmeric.
- Drizzle some more olive oil in them.
- Roast until cabbage is tender and edges are golden, for about 30-40 minutes.
P.S. I know these pics are not that good but I was so hungry when I made them.. and the cabbage smelled so good, that I just couldn’t waste any more time on photographing them :D
Reteta asta este pur si simplu WOW! Nu credeam ca o sa imi placa varza la cuptor atat de mult! Inainte o mancam destul de rar, de obicei doar cand faceam sarmalute vegetariene (reteta aici Pickled Cabbage Rolls with Mushroom and Brown Rice Stuffing), adica doar de vreo 2-3 ori pe an, insa acum mananc varza la cuptor foarte des!
Reteta asta nu este in totalitate ideea mea. Am gasit o reteta similara de varza la cuptor pe Pinterest si m-am gandit sa o incerc si eu. Merge de minune cu mustar si chiftelute de fasole Azuki, sau orice alte chiftelute vegetariene. Serios, trebuie sa o incercati!
Reteta de varza la cuptor inspirata de Martha Stewart’s Roasted Cabbage Wedges
Varza la cuptor
- 1 varza medie sau mica, taiata felii – 1 cm grosime
- ulei de masline
- sare de mare si piper, dupa gust
- 1-2 lg turmeric
- Pre-incalzeste cuptorul la 200 de grade.
- Unge o tava cu putin ulei de masline.
- Pune feliutele de varza in asa fel incat toate sa atinga tava. Asezoneaza-le cu piper macinat, sare si turmeric.
- Pune foarte putin ulei si peste ele.
- Lasa-le la cuptor aprox. 30-40 de minute, pana cand devin aurii.