This is a super-easy, super-delicious raw Easter cheesecake, made with raw vegan cashew sweet “cheese”, raisins and almonds crust.
A few days ago I received a very specific request from Costin. He saw a delicious raw Easter cheesecake recipe on a website and asked me to make it for Easter. You probably don’t know, but here in Romania, we have a traditional cheesecake recipe we make for Easter only. It’s called “pasca” and it’s a soft, yeast bread with sweet cheese and raisins filling. Here’s how the traditional Romanian ‘pasca’ looks like, on Roxana’s blog.
Because I recently gave up all dairy and gluten products, I decided to transform this traditional Easter cheesecake recipe into a healthy, delicious, raw vegan dessert. I wanted to make it look and taste just like the real thing! I think I got pretty close! 😀
It’s time to stop worrying about what you’re going to eat! I created the meal planner app to help you! Get your personalized meal plan with delicious, healthy, and budget-friendly recipes! GET YOUR MEAL PLAN!
Instead of sweet cheese, I made a delicious cashew cream with raisins and vanilla flavor. The crust was made with raisins and raw almonds. This turned out great! I also added some poppy seeds for some extra texture. Hope you won’t see it in the photos, but I had a “little” accident with the poppy seeds…hence that black area on the cheesecake :D.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention, this raw Easter cheesecake is ready in just 15 minutes! How awesome is that?!
Will you add this recipe to your Easter menu? 😀
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight or for at least 1 hour
- 1 cup golden raisins, soaked for 20-30 minutes
- 1½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight or for at least 1 hour
- 4 Tbsps raw coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp psyllium husks
- 3 Tbsps honey, or any other ]healthy sweetener
- 1 Tbsps poppy seeds
- a handful of golden raisins
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp rum extract
- a pinch of salt
- I used a 20cm diameter round-shaped form. Cover the form with plastic wrap. This way the cheesecake will be removed from the form a lot easier.
- Add almonds in the food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add raisins. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the sticky paste in your cheesecake form. Using your hands, start pressing until the bottom and form's walls are covered.
- Add cashews in the food processor. Pulse until creamy. Add psyllium husks, coconut oil, honey, a pinch of salt, vanilla and rum extracts. Process until smooth.
- Add poppy seeds, psyllium husks, and golden raisins. Mix well using a spoon.
- Pour the cashew cream in the cheesecake form.
- Decorate the Easter cheesecake with some golden raisins.
- Let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.