This puff pastry tart with mushrooms in wine sauce is a simple vegetarian main dish recipe. The pastry tart with mushrooms is full of wonderful flavors and goes great served with a sour cream sauce with herbs.
Yes, yes…you’ll tell me that pastry is not really healthy. I KNOW! I rarely eat pastry, so I can indulge myself with a few delicacies for once in a while. Except pastry, this pastry tart with mushrooms recipe is actually healthy and the mushroom composition is vegan. I was wondering, is there a recipe for vegan pastry? I know it is made with butter…a lot of butter, but I don’t really know if you can use a veg butter instead. Anyway, it’s pretty difficult to make pastry yourself, and I lack both the patience and the space in my tiny kitchen to make this by myself.
This pastry tart with mushrooms recipe is pretty easy to make. The mushroom stuffing is ready in just 10 minutes and the tart has to stay in the oven for another 30 minutes. So, the actual prepping time is just 10 minutes! I think it’s pretty damn good for a tart, right?! I’m sure you’ll love the white wine flavor. This pastry tart with mushrooms recipe goes great served with a sour cream and herbs sauce. Yum!
Hope you’ll like this puff pastry tart recipe! Looking forward to your comments!
- 300g pastry
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of dill, chopped
- ½ glass of white wine
- 1-2 tsps dry thyme
- 2 Tbsps whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven at 392F/ 200C.
- Put the oil/butter in a large pan, over medium heat. Add chopped onion, sliced mushrooms, thyme, wine, dill, salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and let them cook for 10 minutes, over medium heat.
- Remove the lid and sprinkle 2 Tbsps of whole wheat flour on top. Start mixing very well, until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease an oven tray with some oil. Place the pastry sheet on the tray. Put the mushroom composition in the middle. Fold the edges of the pstry sheet, over the mushroom composition.
- Put the pastry tart with mushrooms in the oven, for half an hour.
- Serve with sour cream sauce with fresh chopped herbs.