Change language / Schimba limba: Română
Make these delicious chocolate-filled banana muffins that are also healthy, low in sugar and extremely easy to make! Check out the video recipe too!
I was challenged by Lem’s – a Romanian furniture brand – to shoot a recipe video in one of their awesome kitchens. I’ve been dreaming of having a generous kitchen with a kitchen island right in the middle, but this can be quite difficult to achieve in an apartment. 🙂 So, for filming the recipe for these chocolate-filled banana muffins I chose the kitchen of my dreams!
It was such a huge difference from filming on the balcony in a very limited space. Now I had space to move, to film different movements and actions, and it was great!
In case you want to find out more about Lem’s, check out my post in Romanian here.
Now, about these chocolate banana muffins… These are vegan, low in sugar (I used only 100g brown sugar for over 12 muffins!) and there are extremely easy to make. You’ll see in the video below that I didn’t use any kitchen appliances, only some bowls, a muffin tin, forks and spoons. Yes, it will be even easier to make if you use a hand mixer, but for me the less utensils I use, the better. Who likes cleaning up so many dishes afterward? 🙂
I also added some melted chocolate as a filling. Unfortunately, I couldn’t show you how they look on the inside because they were quite hot when I filmed them.
Hope you’ll like them! 🙂
[x_video_embed type=”16:9″ no_container=”true”][/x_video_embed]
- 150 g all-purpose flour, or gluten-free
- 100 g brown sugar
- 10 g baking powder
- 150 ml soy milk
- 4 Tbsps oil
- 2 ripe bananas, pureed
- 100 g soy yogurt, or Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp rum
- 100 g chocolate, melted
- Add all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Pour soy milk and oil. Mix.
- Grease the muffin tray or add some muffin papers inside the trays and spray these with some cooking oil.
- Add a tablespoon of the composition in each muffin tin. Add a teaspoon of melted chocolate in each one of them and then cover them all with 1-2 more tablespoons of the composition.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes at 180C/375F.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g