Need a meal plan with low fodmap recipes? Here’s a free low fodmap diet plan for one whole week! I’ve recently read a lot about what a low fodmap diet is and what great benefits it has for people who suffer from digestive illnesses, such as IBS, so I decided to create a meal plan for people with these specific dietary needs.
In case you are not familiar with what a FODMAP diet really is, check out the brief description below.
What is FODMAPs?
FODMAP is an acronym and comes from:
F = Fermentable = This refers to fermentable carbohydrates which are fermented in the gut instead of broken down by digestive enzymes. These may cause bloating and poor digestion.
O = Oligosaccharides = These are short-chain carbohydrates. They include fructans and galactans.
D = Disaccharides = These is a pair of sugar molecules. The milk sugar lactose causes the most problems.
M = Monosaccharides = This is a single sugar molecule. Free fructose is problematic.
A = and
P = Polyols = These include alcohols (xylitol, sorbitol, maltitol)
Leaving the science talk aside, you can check out this list with low fodmap foods, just so you can get an idea.
A few facts about the low fodmap diet
- The low fodmap diet plan is recommended as a treatment for IBS, although it is not limited to it.
- The low fodmap diet stimulates the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- The low fodmap diet is not a lifetime diet and professional guidance is recommended.
You’ll see that this low fodmap diet is very restrictive. There are so many good fruits and veggies that have to be omitted. That is why this diet is only recommended to people who suffer from IBS or other intestinal disorders, and to whom their doctor recommended this diet.
What are the best features of this free low fodmap diet plan?
- All these low fodmap recipes are super-easy to make, vegan and gluten-free too!
- Breakfast takes less than 10 minutes to make.
- Lunches are made of quick vegan low fodmap recipes. You can make the lunch ahead. Also, you can put the salads in small jars or plastic casseroles.
- Dinners take less than half an hour to prepare.
- Full meals! Not just ingredients.
- You get 7 breakfast, 7 lunch, and 7 dinner meal ideas, that equals to 21 recipes!
- Each low fodmap recipe serves 1 person.
Download this free low fodmap diet plan:
Insert your email address below. You will then receive a confirmation email. After you’ve confirmed your email (which will subscribe you to my newsletter list. No spam, I promise!), you will not only receive the download link for the low fodmap diet plan.
Need a custom low fodmap meal plan for a whole month or even a whole year?
This meal plan was generated using the Gourmandelle Custom Meal Planner app I recently launched. The custom meal planner offers lots of customization options (such as diet, allergies and intolerances, likes and dislikes, and more!), plus grocery lists, nutritional info/recipe and access to a web app. See all the features the custom meal planner has, here.